1. A pre-stressed concrete pile is
A) easy to handle B) lighter in weight C) suitable for heavy load D) all the above
2. The bearing capacity of a water logged soil, may be improved by
A) grouting B) chemical action C) drainage D) compaction
3. Which of the following stone has maximum crushing strength ?
A) granite B) chalk C) slate D) sand stone
4. Queen closer may be placed
A) in header course B) in stretcher course C) in header course next to first brick D) in stretcher course next to first brick
5. The type of bond in which every course contains both headers and stretchers, is called
A) English bond B) Flemish bond C) Russian band D) Mixed bond
6. An arch constructed with finely dressed stones, is known
A) ashlar arch B) rubble arch C) gauged arch D) axed arch
7. A projecting piece usually provided to support a truss, is
A) cornice B) coping C) frieze D) lintel
8. The maximum permissible deflection of a timber beam supporting a roof, is
A) L/100 B) L/150 C) 200 cm D) L/360
9. A floor constructed with 3 mm marble chips, is known
A) mosaic floor B) terrazo floor C) chips floor D) marble floor
10. In jack arch floor, the rise is kept
A) 1/6th of the span B) 1/8th of the span C) 1/10th of the span D) 1/12th of the span
11. The MASSPROP shortcut will provide the following information.
A) Mass B) Volume C) Bounding box D) All of the above
12. The crest level in a barrage is kept at a ________ level when compared with that of a weir
A) low B) high C) moderate D) none
13. The minimum diameter of a manhole cover should be
A) 0.5 m B) 0.75 m C) 1.0 m D) 1.25 m
14. Checks valves (reflux valves) in water distribution is used to
A) control the flow of water through pipes B) protect pipe against negative pressure C) protect pumps against negative pressure D) prevent flow of water in reverse direction
15. In steel tables ISMB is a symbol used for
A) Plates B) Beams C) Columns D) Footings
16. Size of rivet hole is kept ______ more them size of rivet
A) 1 to 1.5 mm B) 1.5 to 2 mm C) 2 – 3 mm D) 3 – 4.5 mm
17. Which of the following lintels are called flitched lintels
A) RCC lintels B) Stone lintels C) Timber lintels D) Steel lintels
18. DPC materials can be classified into ______ categories.
A) 3 B) 4 C) 2 D) 5
19. For what span is the Queen Post roof truss suitable?
A) 5 to 9 m B) 9 to 14 m C) 14 to 18 m D) none of the above
20. The usual height of doors in domestic building
A) 3.0 m B) 2.50 m C) 2.75 m D) 2.10 m
Answers: 1-D; 2-C; 3-A; 4-C; 5-B; 6-A; 7-C; 8-D; 9-B; 10-D; 11-D; 12-A; 13-A; 14-D; 15-B; 16-B; 17-C; 18-A; 19-B; 20-D.