1. Asian Games: India bag 3 silver, 4 bronze medals on Day 9; Medal tally rises to 60
On the ninth day of the ongoing Asian Games at Hangzhou in China, India bagged three silver and four bronze medals.
2. Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman win 2023 Nobel Prize in Medicine
The 2023 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been jointly awarded to Hungarian-American biochemist Katalin Kariko and American physician-scientist Drew Weissman.
3. Second anti-malaria vaccine for children approved by WHO
The World Health Organization (WHO) approved a second anti-malaria vaccine for children. The vaccine has been developed by the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, a statement on its website said.
For more information click here...
4. Bihar govt releases findings of its Caste based Survey; OBCs and EBCs comprise more than 63% of State’s population
Bihar government released the findings of its Caste based Survey which was undertaken in two phases this year.
5. Bhiwandi, Kolkata, Arrah among world’s 10 cities with slowest traffic: Report
Three of the world’s 10 slowest cities in terms of traffic speeds are in India, according to the findings by a US-based private non-profit research organisation.