1. US-India Comprehensive Global Strategic Partnership
The first ever in person meeting between US President, Joe Biden and the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was held in Washington. It was followed by delegation level talks between the two sides.
2. India signs contract for acquisition of 56 C-295 MW transport aircraft
India has signed a contract with Airbus Defence and Space Company of Spain for acquisition of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force. Defence Ministry signed the contract with Airbus Defence and Space. It also signed an Offset Contract with Airbus Defence and Space.
3. China declares all crypto-currency transactions illegal
China’s central bank said all financial transactions involving cryptocurrencies are illegal, sounding the death knell for the digital trade in China after a crackdown on the volatile currencies.
4. Net direct tax collections grow over 74% to Rs. 5.70 lakh cr so far this fiscal
Ministry of Finance said, Direct tax collections for the current financial year till 22 September rose to Rs, 5,70,568 crore, registering an increase of 74.4% from the corresponding period of the preceding financial year when the collection was Rs. 3,27,174 crore.
5. Debabrata Mukherjee elected chief of Audit Bureau of Circulations
The chief marketing officer of United Breweries, Debabrata Mukherjee, was unanimously elected chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2021-2022.