1. India formally assumes Presidency of G20 for one year; Government says, the key element will be to make it a people's Group
India formally assumed the Presidency of G-20 grouping for the period of one year. The Group of 20 is a premier forum comprising world’s advanced and developing economies.
2. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar bestowed with 'The Emissary of Peace' award in US
Indian spiritual leader and global humanitarian Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was bestowed with the prestigious “The Emissary of Peace” award by the National Civil Rights Museum in the US city of Memphis.
3. World AIDS Day 2022 is being observed
World AIDS Day is being observed. It is marked on the 1st of December every year to highlight the work done to eliminate the epidemic.
4. India, UK scientists develop ‘smart contact lens’ to detect eye infections
An international team of scientists from India and the UK have developed a pioneering “smart contact lens” to test for eye infections in a quick, non-invasive way, according to a British university involved with the project.
5. Reliance Industries emerges as most valuable listed company in India: Report
Reliance Industries has emerged as the most valuable listed company followed by Tata Consultancy Services and HDFC Bank, according to a list released.