1. India’s largest floating solar power project commissioned
India's largest floating solar power project is now fully operational. NTPC declared commercial operation of the final part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project at Ramagundam, Telangana.
2. India's GST collections jump 56% to Rs 1.45 lakh crore in June
India's Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections in June this year surged 56 percent year-on-year to around 1.45 lakh crore rupees. The GST collections in June last year stood at 92,800 crore rupees.
3. DRDO successfully carries out Maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing TD
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out the Maiden flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from the Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
4. Prestigious National Geoscience Award for CSIR-NGRI scientist Srinivasa Sarma
CSIR-NGRI’s senior principal scientist D. Srinivasa Sarma has been awarded the prestigious National Geoscience Award for the year 2019.
5. Armand Duplantis raises his pole vault world record to 6.16 metres
Sweden's Armand Duplantis broke his own men's pole vault world record, soaring 6.16 metres on his third attempt at the Belgrade Indoor Meeting. The 22-year-old improved the previous record by one centimetre.