1. Karnataka Legislatve Council passes Bill against forced religious conversions
The Karnataka Legislative Council passed the anti-conversion Bill, that prohibits forced religious conversions. The Bill was adopted by the Karnataka Legislative Assembly in December 2021.
2. Roger Federer announces retirement from professional tennis
Roger Federer, one of the greatest tennis player of all time, has decided to bid farewell to professional tennis after the conclusion of the Laver Cup 2022 next week.
3. International Day of Democracy 2022 is being observed
Today is International Day of Democracy. September 15th is celebrated annually across the world to strengthen democracies and highlight its values and principles.
4. Most child marriages in South India happen in Andhra Pradesh, says survey
Andhra Pradesh has topped the list of the five South Indian states when it comes to underage marriages, says the National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5). Telangana has come in second place on the list while Kerala has come last.
5. Telangana: BR Ambedkar name for new secretariat, CM K Chandrasekhar Rao says proud moment
Chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has decided to name the new secretariat after the architect of the Constitution, B R Ambedkar.