TYPES OF QUESTIONS
* There are three types of questions, where a proper arrangement is required to be done in a linear format along a straight line.
Type 1 : Arrangement in Linear Pattern
Here, we deal with questions, where a proper arrangement is required to be done in a linear format along a straight line.
Before solving this type of questions, it is necessary to know the following facts :
* When it is not given in the question that in which direction the person(s) is facing, then we assume it facing the North direction.
* When M, N, O and P are facing in South direction and G, H, I and J are facing in North direction in a line, then positions to their right and left will be
* When M, N are in one line and X, Y in other, then diagonally opposite directions will be
* M is diagonally opposite to Y and N is diagonally opposite to X.
Type 2 : Circular Arrangement
In Circular arrangement, persons/ objects arrange around a circle facing towards or outside the centre on the basis of information provided.
Facing Towards the Centre
Suppose W, X, Y and Z are four persons facing towards the centre, then their right and left sides are shown by the arrows in the above diagram. X is on the right side of W and Z is on the left side of W.
Facing Outside the Centre
Suppose there are four persons A, B, C and D. All the persons are facing outside the centre, then their left and right sides are as shown in the above diagram by arrows. B is on the right of A and D is on the left of A.
Type 3 : Arrangement in other Geometrical Shapes
In this type, questions are asked to arrange the persons in square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon or many other geometrical shapes.
Square/ Rectangular Arrangement
In this type of arrangement, four objects/ persons are placed around a rectangular or a square shaped table facing either the centre or the direction opposite to centre. The left and right of each person in both the cases can be understood with the help of following diagrams.