Directions: Study the following bar-diagram and answer the questions that follow.
The following graph gives the production of wheat ( in hundred tons) of a state in different years.
1. The percentage increase in production of wheat from 2004 to 2005 was
3. The difference between the highest and the lowest production of wheat was
Ans: 2000 tons
4. The sum of the production of wheat in the years 2002 and 2004 is equal to that in the year
5. In how many of the following years was the production of wheat above the average production over the years
Following Pie-chart shows the different colours of cars using by 10800 persons in a town
6. What percent of the persons using the red colour cars?
7. The number of persons using white colour cars over black is
8. How many persons are using yellow colour cars?
10. The number of persons using the yellow colour cars is five eighth of which of the following colour cars?
Following table gives the production of leather bags of six companies A, B, C, D, E and F over the years.
12. What is the ratio of the total production of companies A, C and E together in 2002 to the total production of companies B,C and F together in 2001?
13. What is the percentage increase in production of company B from 2002 to 2005?
14. During which year company D had the lowest percentage of production over the total production of all the companies together?
15. The total production of companies B, D and F together in 2002 is how much More/less than total production of these companies together in 2006?
1) 33000less 2) 32000more 3) 27000less 4) 11000less 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
following graph gives the profit earned by seven companies A, B, C, D, E, F and G in two years.
16. What is the ratio between the profit earned by Company A in 2004 and the profit earned by Company B in 2003 respectively?
1) 4 : 3 2) 3 : 2 3) 3 : 4 4) 2 : 3 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
17. What is the difference (in Crore Rs) between the total profit earned by Companies E, F and G together in 2003 and the total profit earned by these companies in 2004?
1) 70 2) 75 3) 78 4) 82 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
Ans: 11 : 9
19. What was the average profit earned by all the companies in 2003? (In Rs.Crores)
20. Profit earned by Company B in 2004 is what percent of the profit earned by the same company in 2003?
Following table gives the number of Articles (in thousands) Manufactured (M) and Defective (D) by 5 units of a Company over the Years.
22. What is the ratio between total number of articles manufactured by Unit III to that by Unit V for all the years together?
Ans: 353 : 282
23. What was the percentage (rounded off to nearest integer) of defective articles over the number of articles manufactured by all units together in the year 2001?
24. During which year was the percentage increase/decrease in manufacture from the previous year the highest for Unit I?
25. During which year the largest percentage of articles were defective out of the articles manufactured by Unit IV?
Following graph gives the Profit ( in Rupees crores) earned by a company over the years.
26. The expenditure of the company in the year 2001, was Rs.45 crores, what was the income of the company in that year?
Ans: Rs. 60 cr
Income in 2001 = 45 + 15 = 60 cr
Expenditure= 136 - 60= Rs. 76 cr
28. The income of the company in the year 2000 was Rs.50 crores and the income of the company in the year 2003 was Rs.95 crores. What is the respective ratio of the expenditure of the company in the year 2000 to the expenditure of the company in the year 2003?
Income in 2000 = Rs 50 cr, Profit = Rs 30 cr
Expenditure in 2000 = 50 - 30 = Rs 20 cr
Income in 2003 = Rs 95 cr, Profit = Rs 50 cr
Expenditure in 2003 = 95 - 50 = Rs 45 cr
Ratio = 20:45 = 4:9
30. What is the average profit earned by the company over the years?
Ans: Rs. 42.5 cr
The following graph shows the Ratio of Imports and Exports of two companies A and B over the years.
Given in the graph is Ratio of imports and exports. If the imports are more than exports the ration will be more than 1
32. If the total exports of company B in 2001 and 2002 was 24 crore, then what was the total imports of the same company for these two years together?
Ans: 28.8 cr
Ratios of imports and exports of company B are same for the years 2001 and 2002.
33. What were the exports of company A for the year 2000 if the imports were Rs.42cr for same year?
Ans: Rs. 35 cr
34. What were the average imports of company A over the given years?
Ans: Can’t be determined
35. In how many years did company B show exports more than imports?
If the Exports more than Imports, the ratio will be less than 1
Following table gives the units of garments manufactured by various companies over the years.
37. What is the approximate percent increase in the units of garments manufactured by factory E in the year 2002 from the previous year?
38. What is the difference between the total number of units of garments manufactured by the various factories in the year 2002 and the total number of units of garments manufactured by various factories in the year 2004?
Ans: 17.92 lakhs
39. What is the respective ratio of the units of garments manufactured by factory A in year 2000 to the units of garments manufactured by factory C in the same year?
40. The units of garments manufactured by factory D in the year 2001 are approximately what percent of the units of garments manufactured by the same factory in the year 2005?
Following graph gives the production of vehicles by three companies P, Q and R over the years. Production in thousands.
42. What was the percentage increase in production of R type vehicles from 1995 to 1996?
43. In how many years was the production of P type vehicles less than its average production over the given years?
44. The number of P type vehicles produced in 1996 was what percent of the number of R type vehicles produced in 1998?
45. The production of Q type vehicles in 1998 was what percent of the production of vehicles of P and R together in 1995?
Following table gives the number of questions attempted and the number of questions wrong in them of five students in five subjects. Each correct answer carries 2 marks and half mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
A = Attempted W = Wrong answer
46. Who secured highest marks in science?
48. What is the ratio of marks obtained by D to that of B in Maths?
49. Marks secured by A and C in computers is approximately what percent of the marks secured by E in the same subject?
50. Marks of B in English are how much more than E in the same subject?