Verb states something about its subject. According to the function of a verb in a sentence, a verb can be classified into three types. Namely:
1. State verb 2. Action verb
3. Possession verb
If a root verb gets past and past participle forms with the addition of ‘d/ ed’, it is called a regular verb.
E.g.: Call - Called - Called
Kill - Killed - Killed
If a verb changes irregularly to give past and past participle forms, it is called an irregular verb.
E.g.: Write - Wrote - Written
Go - Went - Gone
No change verbs:
Apart of the above, some action verbs don’t change in their three form, they are called ‘no change’ verbs.
E.g.: Hurt - Hurt - Hurt
Bet - Bet - Bet
Verbs with object in the sentence are called transitive verbs.
E.g.: He teaches (verb) English (object)
They painted (verb) a wall (object)
He will take (verb) the assignment (object)
Verb with no object is called intransitive/ non transitive verb.
E.g.: The baby cries.
The dog barks.
Weak verbs and strong verbs:
Base verbకి ‘d’ లేదా ‘ed’ కలపడం వల్ల past లేదా past-participle verb రూపాలు ఏర్పడితే అలాంటి verbsని weak verbs అంటారు.
e.g.: Kill Killed Killed
Limit Limited Limited
Root verb లోని ఏదైనా ‘vowel’ ని మార్చినపుడు దాని past లేదా past participle రూపాలు ఏర్పడితే అలాంటి verbsని strong verbs అంటారు.
e.g.: Sing Sang Sung
Come Came Come
Finite verb and Non finiteverb:
Subject - number/ person/ sentenceలు tenseల
verbs ని finite verb అని change కాని
verbs ను non-finite verbs అని అంటారు.
e.g.: 1. Ravi took his examination.
2. He is my friend
1. Which of the below is a state verb?
A) am B) is
C) are D) above all
2. In which of the below the state of the subject is given?
A) Ravi is asleep
B) Ravi is taking his examination
C) Ravi has completed his preparation
D) Ravi is going to take a test
3. Which of the below is a regular verb?
A) Do/ Does - Did - Did
B) Write - Wrote - Written
C) Come - Came - Come
D) Message - Messaged - Messaged
4. Which of the below represents action of the subject?
A) regular verb B) irregular verb
C) state verb D) both A, B
5. In which of the below the past participle form of ‘pull’ is used?
A) I pull his shirt B) I pulled his shirt
C) I have pulled his shirt
D) Above all
6. Which of the below is in simple present tense?
A) He bets with seniors
B) I bet all India yesterday
C) I bet on Pakistan usually
D) Both A and C
7. In which of the below the past participle form of ‘cut’ is used?
A) I cut vegetables
B) He cuts vegetables
C) They cut vegetables
D) We have cut birthday cake
8. Which of the below is a transitive verb?
A) sleep B) read C) cry D) run
9. She is a singer. The underlined word is .....
A) object B) subject
C) subject compliment D) both B, C
10. Which of the below can act as both transitive and intransitive in a sentence?
A) write B) beat
C) kill D) above all
11. Which of the below has a verb of possession?
A) I have a meeting now
B) He has secured a first division
C) They had mood away
D) He has posed many questions
12. Krishna is ....... a lesson.
A) teach B) teaches
C) teaching D) thought
13. Which of the below has a strong verb?
A) Rama killed Ravana
B) Ravi came late
C) He runs fast D) Both B, C
14. Which of the below is a passive verb?
A) is playing B) has played
C) are played D) was playing
15. Which of the below is in passive voice?
A) The game is played by Ravi
B) Smoking is prohibited
C) Suman was arrested
D) above all
16. Narendra Modi is a politician. The underlined word is .....
A) subject B) object
C) subject complement
D) object complement
17. Which of the below is used to pose a question?
A) be B) being
C) been D) be forms
18. ........ you a student?
A) Am B) Is C) Are D) above all
19. They are watching, ........ they?
A) aren’t B) isn’t
C) wasn’t D) don’t
20. In which of the below plural subject is used with grammatical correctness?
A) Fishes are swimming
B) Deers are running
C) Sheep are grazing D) above all
21. Which of the below has an emphatic usage of verb?
A) Do you want it?
B) Does he play cricket?
C) He does sing a song
D) I don’t want it
22. He invites everyone.
Which of the below has the same
sence of the above?
A) He do invite everyone
B) He is inviting everyone
C) He has invited everyone
D) He does invite everyone
23. Which of the below is grammatically correct?
A) I doesn’t like it
B) He didn’t completed his work
C) I did watch a movie yesterday
D) She do not like music
24. Which of the below has a correct grammatical usage?
A) He went to school daily
B) He does goes to school daily
C) He did go to school yesterday
D) I did wanted a pen
25. He reads fluently. (Interrogative form is)
A) Do he read? B) Does he read?
C) Does he reads?
D) Did he read?
26. Which of the below is grammatically correct?
A) The teacher explained usage of
the present tense
B) The teacher explained usage of
C) Both A, B D) None
27. Which of the below is grammatically correct?
A) Jagan speak
B) Jagan, Bharati speaks
C) Ravi listens
D) Ravi & Hari listens
28. Which of the below is an simple present tense?
A) Ravi is painting a picture
B) Ravi is a student
C) Ravi has completed his school
D) Ravi has been painting since 9
29. Which of the below is in simple present tense?
A) He listens songs
B) He is listening to the radio
C) He listened yesterday too
D) He will listen tomorrow
30. Which of the below is grammatically incorrect?
A) Why does he cries?
B) When do I prepared?
C) Where does he sits?
D) Above all
31. Raju takes a test tomorrow. (Interrogative form is)
A) Does he take a test tomorrow?
B) Why does he take a test tomorrow?
C) Where does he take a test tomorrow?
D) Above all
32. He has a car? (Interrogative form is)
A) Does she have a car?
B) Does he has a car?
C) Does he have a car?
D) Above all
33. Which of the below is grammatically correct?
A) I do not have a bicycle
B) He doesn’t has a car
C) They doesn’t have a car
D) Hari doesn’t has manners
34. He doesn’t have enough money. (Interrogative form)
A) Does he have not enough money?
B) Doesn’t he has enough money?
C) Doesn’t he have enough money?
1-D 2-A 3-D 4-D 5-C 6-D 7-D 8-B 9-C 10-D 11-A 12-C 13-D 14-C 15-D 16-C 17-D 18-C 19-A 20-C 21-C 22-D 23-C 24-C 25-B 26-A 27-C 28-B 29-A 30-D 31-D 32-C 33-A 34-C