1. A car covers a certain distance. The average speed of the car for the first half is 80 km/hr and the average speed for the next half is 120 km/hr. what is the average speed of the car for the entire distance?
Ans: 96 kmph
2. A man covers 220 km in 8 hours and another 300 km at an average speed of 60 kmph. Find the average speed of the man for the total distance.
Ans: 40 kmph
3. Two trains 125 m and 95 m long are running in opposite directions with speeds of 40 kmph and 32 kmph respectively. In what time will they completely clear each other from the moment they meet?
Ans: 11 sec
4. Two trains start from a certain place on two parallel tracks in the same direction. The speed of the trains are 45 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. The distance between the two trains after 45 minutes will be (SSC-CGL 2016)
Ans: 3.75 km
5. Two cars start from A and B respectively and moves in opposite directions towards B and A at average speeds 44 kmph and 40 kmph respectively. After what time will they be 294 km apart?
Ans: 3.5 hours
6. The time for a train of length 110 meters running at the speed of 72 km/hr to cross a bridge of length 132 meters is (SSC-CGL 2016)
Ans: 12.1 sec
7. The distance between two stations A and B is 428 km. A train starts from station A at 6 am and moves towards station B at an average speed of 48 kmph. Another train starts from station B at 6.20 am and moves towards station A at an average speed of 55 kmph. At what time will the trains meet? (SSC-CGL 2019)
8. The distance between two stations A and B is 575 km. A train starts from station A at 3 pm and moves towards station B at an average speed of 50 kmph. Another train starts from station B at 3.30 pm and moves towards station A at an average speed of 60 kmph. How far from station A will the trains meet? (SSC-CGL 2019)
Ans: 275 km
9. A thief steals a car at 2 pm and runs away at a speed of 60 kmph. The theft was noticed at 3pm and the policeman started chasing in another car at a speed of 75 kmph. At what time can the police man catch the thief?
Ans: 7 pm
10. Two cars A and B leave Delhi at 8.30 am and at 9 am for Shimla respectively. They travel at the speeds of 40 kmph and 50 kmph respectively. How many kilometres away from Delhi will the two cars be together? (SSC-CGL 2019)
Ans: 100 km
11. A boat covers 78 km down stream or 30 km upstream in the same time. If the speed of the current is 4 kmph, what is the speed of the boat?
Ans: 9 kmph
12. In a stream running at 3 kmph, a motor boat goes 12 km upstream and back to the starting point in 60 min. find the speed of the motor boat in still water (in kmph) (SSC-CGL 2019)
Ans: 3(4 + √17)