1. Ravi’s father’s sister’s father is Shyam. How is Shyam related to Ravi?
A) Uncle B) Grand father C) Father D) Son
Explanation: Here Ravi’s father’s sister is Ravi’s aunt. Her father is Ravi’s father’s father. So Shyam is grand father of Ravi.
2. Pointing to a man, Rakesh says, “he is the son of the sister of my father’s wife”. How is the man related to Rakesh?
A) Brother B) Nephew C) Cousin D) Father
It, is very clear the Rakesh and that man are cousins.
3. Komali’s father’s brother-in-law is the brother of Anusha. How is Komali related to Anusha?
A) Mother B) Niece C) Sister D) Mother-in-law
4. Introducing Pavan, Usha said “He is the son of the sister of my mother’s brother”. How is Pavan related to Usha?
A) Cousin B) Uncle C) Father-in-law D) Niece
Explanation: Sister of the Usha’s mother’s brother = Usha’s aunt. Given that, Pavan is son of Usha’s aunt. So, Pavan and Usha are cousins.
5. Anil said to Sireesha “your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt”. How Sireesha is related to Anil?
A) Sister B) Mother C) Daughter D) Grand daughter
Explanation: Sireesha’s mother’s husband’s sister is Sireesha’s aunt. Anil is also having the same aunt. So, Anil and Sireesha are brother and sisters.
6. Rajesh told Suresh “last year I defeated the only brother of the daughter of grand mother”. Whom did rajesh defeat?
A) Father B) Son C) Brother D) Father in law
Explanation: Daughter of grandmother means aunt, then aunt’s only brother means Rajesh’s father.
7. Rajesh pointed towards senior citizen and said, “this is my niece’s paternal grandmother’s sister-in-law”. How Rajesh is related to the senior citizen?
A) Niece B) Nephew-in-law C) Son D) Son-in-law
Explanation: Rajesh’s niece’s paternal grand mother is Rajesh’s sister-in-law’s mother. Her sister-in-law will be Rajesh’s sister-in-law aunt. So, Rajesh is the nephew-in-law of the senior citizen.
8. Rakshita is sister of Mohan, who is brother of Hema. Devi is mother of Kiran, who is brother of Mohan. How is Rakshitha related to Devi?
A) Sister B) Daughter C) Mother D) Cousin
Explanation: It is very clear that Rakshita, Mohan, Hema and Kiran all are siblings. Devi is the mother of Rakshita, Mohan, Hema and Kiran. So, Rakshita is the daughter of Devi
9. If P × Q means ‘Q’ is father of ‘P’, ‘P + Q’ means ‘P is wife of Q’ and ‘P ÷ Q’ means ‘P is brother of Q’ then what is the relation of J with L in J + H ÷ R × L?
A) Daughter B) Daughter-in-law C) Sister D) Sister-in-law
Explanation: J + H ÷ R × L
J is the wife of H
H is the brother of R
L is the father of R
L is also father of H, who is husband of J
J is daughter-in-law of L.
10. Pointing to Pavan, Radha says ‘he is the only grand child of my father’. How is Radha related to Pavan? A) Mother B) Aunt C) Grand mother D) Data inadequate
Explanation: Here Pavan is only grand child but Radha’s father can have other children than Radha. So, here Radha can be Pavan’s mother or aunt. The given data is not sufficient to answer.
11. Pointing to the lady in the photograph, Swetha said, “her son's father is the only son-in-law of my mother”. how is Swetha related to that lady?
A) Sister B) Mother C) Cousin D) None of these
Explanation: Let us take lady as 'A'. A's son's father means A's husband. A's husband is only son-in-law of Swetha’s mother, which means Swentha is the only daughter, means she is pointing to herself.
12. Showing the man receiving the prize, Manoj said, “he is the brother of my uncle’s daughter.” What is that man related to Manoj?
A) Cousin B) Brother-in-law C) Nephew D) Uncle
Explanation: Brother of uncles daughter means, the man is uncle's son. So, the man and Manoj are cousins.
13. If P is the brother of the son of Q's son, how is P related to Q?
A) Son B) Cousin C) Grandson D) Brother
14. Pointing to a man in photograph, Geeta said, “his mother only daughter is my mother'. How is Geeta related to that man?
A) Wife B) Sister C) Niece D) Mother
Explanation: Here, Geeta's mother's mother is man's mother, which means Geeta's mother is that man's sister. So, Geeths is man’s niece.
15. A women introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man related to that women?
A) Son B) Nephew C) Cousin D) Grand son
Explanation: Brother of her mother means uncle, then uncle's son means cousin.
16. P is the son of Q. R, who is the sister of Q has a son S and daughter T. U is the maternal uncle of S. How is P related to S?
A) Cousin B) Nephew C) Uncle D) Brother
Given P is the son of Q,
R is the sister of Q,
S is the son of R,
∴ P & S are cousins
17. If P's mother is Q's mother's daughter. Then how is Q's mother related to P?
A) Grand mother B) Sister C) Niece D) Mother
Q's mother daughter is Q
⇒ P's mother is Q
⇒ Q's mother will be grand mother of P.
18. Introducing a lady, Akshay said, “Her mother is the only daughter of my mother-in-law”. How is Akshay related to that lady?
A) Father B) Husband C) Son D) Brother
Explanation: Here, the mother-in-law's only daughter is the Akshay's wife, who is the mother of that lady. So, Akshay is the father of that lady.
19. Anil asked Neha what is her relations to Ramesh which she said, Ramesh is the only brother of my son-in-law’s wife. What is the relation between Neha and Ramesh?
A) Mother and Son B) Grandmother and Grandson C) Aunt and Nephew D) Brother and Sister
Explanation: Here, Neha’s son-in-law’s wifemeans, Neha’s daughter only. Ramesh is only brother of her daughter that means Ramesh is Neha’s son.
20. Suresh introduces Nikita as the daughter of the only son of my father’s wife. How is Nikita related to Suresh?
A) Sister B) Daughter C) Mother D) Niece
Explanation: His father’s wife means his mother. His only son is nothing but Suresh only. That means Nikita is Suresh’s daughter only.
21. Madhura’s father pointing towards a person, said “he is brother of my father’s only sister”. How is the person related to Madhura’s?
A) Grand father B) Brother C) Father D) Husband
22. Pointing to a photograph, Rajesh said, “she is the mother of my son’s wife’s daughter”. How is Rajesh related to that lady?
A) Father B) Father-in-law C) Son D) Uncle
Explanation: Here, son’s wife’s daughter will be grand daughter and grand daughter’s mother will be daughter-in-law. So Rajesh is her father-in-law.
23. Arjun said to a lady, “your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt”. How is that lady related to Arjun?
A) Mother B) Sister C) Daughter D) Aunt
Explanation: Here, lady’s mother’s husband means lady’s father and lady’s father’s sister is Arjun’s aunt also. So, the lady will be Arjun’s sister.