A genetic disorder is a genetic problem caused by one or more abnormalities in the genome, especially a condition that is present from birth (congenital). Most genetic disorders are quite rare and affect one person in every several thousands or millions.
Genetic disorders may or may not be heritable, i.e., passed down from the parents' genes. In non-heritable genetic disorders, defects may be caused by new mutations or changes to the DNA. In such cases, the defect will only be heritable if it occurs in the germ line. The same disease, such as some forms of cancer, may be caused by an inherited genetic condition in some people, by new mutations in other people, and mainly by environmental causes in still other people. Whether, when and to what extent a person with the genetic defect or abnormality will actually suffer from the disease is almost always affected by the environmental factors and events in the person's development.
Posted Date : 05-02-2021
- Civils Prelims GS Paper-1-2021
- Civils Prelims GS Paper-1-2020
- Civils Prelims GS Paper-2-2020
- Civils Mains Telugu-2019
- Civils Mains GS Paper-4-2019
విద్యా ఉద్యోగ సమాచారం
- New Jobs: మరో 2,391 కొలువులు
- Meeting: జీవో1కి మద్దతుగా నాగార్జున వీసీ మీడియా సమావేశమా?
- Latest Current Affairs: 26-01-2023 Current Affairs (English)
- Latest Current Affairs: 26-01-2023 కరెంట్ అఫైర్స్ (తెలుగు)
- JEE Main: జేఈఈ మెయిన్ అడ్మిట్ కార్డులు విడుదల
- Latest Pvt Jobs: ప్రైవేట్ రంగ సంస్థల్లో ఉద్యోగ ఖాళీలు
- UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) - 3
- UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) -
- UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) - 5
- UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) - 4
- UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) - 2