Nutrition is the science of food and its relationship to health. Nutrients are the building
blocks of the human body. They are chemicals in foods that are used by the body for growth, maintenance, disease prevention, health restoration and energy. Nutrients that cannot be synthesized by the body and thus must be derived from the diet are considered essential. They include carbohydrates, fats (lipids), minerals (macro minerals, micro minerals and trace elements), proteins, vitamins, and water.
* The ratio of CPF (Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats) consumed by a body is 60 : 15 : 25
* The food which contains all Nutrient Materials is called complete diet. Milk is the perfect complete diet.
Note about Milk:
* Sugar present in milk is lactose (7% - 8%), which is responsible for white colour to milk.
* Except C-vitamin all vitamins available in milk.
* Minerals available in milk are Calcium and Ferrous.
* Enzyme present in milk is Lactase.
* Lactobacillus convert milk into curd.
Lack of nutrients (nutritional deficiency) can result in deficiency syndromes (eg. kwashiorkor, marasmus, depression, irritability, confusion, pellagra, scurvy, immune deficiency, osteoporosis, diabetes, rickets, beriberi, goiter, insomnia, anxiety, mood disorders, anemia, retardation, cancer) or other disorders.