1. Language acquisition occurs only when-
Ans: the child absorbs the language without conscious attention
2. Study of meaning in a language is known as -
3. The repetition of same idea or item of information within the language is called as -
4. Language is primarily-
5. Language has a set of definite rules that governs its use. This implies -
Ans: Language is systematic
6. "Language is the set of human habits" - propounded by...
Ans: Otto Jesperson
7. The system of sounds...
8. Identify the incorrect statement.
Ans: Human life has become intricate after the invention of language.
9. The widely accepted theory of language evolution across the world...
Ans: Divine gift theory
10. We cannot find the common name for any object/ animal in all languages. This is because .....
(Study the following statements and choose the option)
1. Each language chooses its own system of words
2. Language is illogical
1) 1 is correct 2) 2 is correct
3) Both are correct 4) Both are incorrect and irrelevant
Ans: Both are correct