(English Language Teaching)
1. Identify the purpose of rapid teaching.
1) extended reading 2) seeking information 3) for interest 4) for specific detail
Ans: for specific detail
2. Formative Assessment is an assessment ....
1) of learning 2) at learning 3) in learning 4) on learning
Ans: in learning
3. The term 'Comprehensive' in continuous and comprehensive evaluation means ....
1) Scholastic development 2) Co-scholastic development
3) Academic skills 4) Scholastic and Co-scholastic development
Ans: Scholastic and Co-scholastic development
4. Fluency in English can be developed through ....
1) creating opportunities to use the target language for communication
2) the teacher talking for most of the time
3) the teacher being alert to spot the errors and correct them.
4) making the students to have a freedom to be quiet.
Ans: creating opportunities to use the target language for communication
5. Alphabetic method is used in teaching ....
1) Reading 2) Writing 3) Speaking 4) Listening
6. The test which is administered to measure the skills acquired by the students during the course ....
1) Proficiency Test 2) Aptitude Test 3) Achievement Test 4) Placement Test
Ans: Achievement Test
7. Reading a passage from the Supplementary Reader for enjoyment and expansion of information is called ....
1) Silent Reading 2) Intensive Reading 3) Extensive Reading 4) Self Reading
Ans: Extensive Reading
8. Find out the lexical word from the following.
1) some 2) whether 3) principal 4) if
9. The speech sound /ai/ in the /mai/ (my) is known as ....
1) Nasals 2) Diphthong 3) Vowel 4) Bilabial
10. Paragraphs, Conversations etc. have larger units of language. Such type of larger units of language can be termed as ....
1) drill 2) dialogue 3) discourse 4) Dicto-comp