1. Jar-A contains a mixture of milk and water in the respective ratio of 8 : 1. When 18 ltr of mixture is taken out and 4 ltr of pure water is added to Jar-A, the resultant quantity of milk becomes 24 ltr more than that of water. What was the initial quantity of milk in Jar-A? (In ltr)
A) 48 B) 64 C) 50 D) 52 E) 60
2. A container contains 120 litres mixture of milk and water in the respective ratio of 37 : 3. 40 litres of the mixture is taken out from the container and 6 litres of each pure milk and pure water is added to the mixture. By what percent is the quantity of water in the final mixture less than the quantity of milk?
A) 72% B) 76% C) 68% D) 85% E) 74%
3. In a 84 litres mixture of milk and water, percentage of water is only 25%. The milkman gave 12 litres of this mixture to a customer. Then he added equal quantities of pure milk and water to the remaining mixture. As a result, the respective ratio of milk and water in the mixture became 11 : 5. What was the quantity of water added? (In litres)
A) 8 B) 15 C) 12 D) 18 E) 21
4. A jar had a certain quantity (in litres) of water, to which pure milk of four times of the quantity water was added. 20 litres of the mixture from the jar was taken out and was replaced with 12 litres of pure milk, as result of which water constituted 10% of the resultant mixture. What was the initial quantity of water in the jar?
A) 7 litres B) 8 litres C) 10 litres D) 4.8 litres E) 6.4 litres
5. In a 200 litres mixture of milk and water, percentage of water is only 30%. The milkman gave 40 litres of this mixture to a customer and then added 12 litres of water in the remaining mixture. What is the respective ratio of milk and water in the new mixture?
A) 11 : 17 B) 7 : 13 C) 23 : 14 D) 21 : 11 E) 28 : 15
6. A vessel contains coconut water and vodka i.e., 120 litres of the mixture, coconut water is 40% more than the vodka. 72 litres of mixture taken out and 26 litres of coconut water is and some quantity of vodka is also added to the vessel, after that the respective ratio of the resultant mixture of vodka and coconut water becomes 2 : 3, then find the final quantityof the vodka in the vessel? (In litres)
A) 54 B) 46 C) 35 D) 34 E) 36
7. 16 litres of pure water was added to a vessel containing 84 litres of pure milk. 50 litres of the resultant mixture was then sold and some more quantity of pure milk and pure water was added to the vessel in the respective ratio of 3 : 2. If the resultant respective ratio of milk and water in the vessel is 4 : 1, what was the quantity of pure milk added in the vessel? (In litres)
A) 4 B) 8 C) 6 D) 10 E) 12
8. In a mixture of milk and water, water was only 20%. 50 litres of this mixture was taken out and then 5 litres of pure water was added to the mixture. If the resultant ratio of milk and water in the mixture was 8 : 3 respectively, what was the initial quantity of mixture (before the replacement)? (In litres)
A) 88 B) 96 C) 120 D) 100 E) 84
9. In a 120 litres mixture of milk and water, percentage of water is only 40%. The milkman gave 45 litres of this mixture to a customer and then added 15 litres of pure milk and 10 litres of pure water to the remaining mixture. What is the respective ratio of quantity of milk and water in the new mixture?
A) 3 : 2 B) 11 : 5 C) 8 : 5 D) 15 : 8 E) 12 : 7
10. In 112 litres of mixture of water and milk, water is only 18.75%. The milkman gave 28 litres of this mixture to a customer and then he added 10.75 litres of pure milk and 5.25 litres of pure water in the remaining mixture. What is the percentage of water in the final mixture?
A) 32.50 B) 34 C) 32 D) 21 E) 27
1. Equal quantities of two milk and water solutions which contains milk and water in ratio, 1 : 5 and 3 : 5 are mixed together. What will be the ratio of water to milk in the resultant solution?
a) 13 : 35 b) 4 : 10 c) 5 : 8 d) 35 : 13
2. The respective ratio of milk and water in 66 litres of adulterated milk is 5 : 1. Water is added into it to make the respective ratio 5 : 3. What is the quantity of water added?
a) 11 litres b) 22 litres c) 33 litres d) 44 litres
3. A 200 litres solution of alcohol and water contains 1/4 th part alcohol. Find the new percentage of alcohol, if 50 litres of the original solution is replaced by 50 litres of alcohol.
a) 43.75% b) 50% c) 66.66% d) 80%
4. A container has 80 litres of milk. From this container 8 litres of milk was taken out and replaced with water. The process was further repeated twice. How much milk is there in the container finally? (in liters)
a) 58.32 b) 60.32 c) 62 d) 64.7
5. 100 litres of a mixture contains 10% water and the rest milk. The amount of water that must be added so that the resulting mixture contains only 50% milk is......
a) 70 litres b) 72 litres c) 78 litres d) 80 litres
6. In a particular type of fertilizer, the ratio of two chemicals A and B is 2 : 5. In 21 kg of this fertilizer, if 3 kg of type - A is added, the ratio of chemical A to B in the new fertilizer will be
a) 1 : 1 b) 2 : 3 c) 3 : 5 d) 4 : 5
7. Rice worth Rs.120 per kg and Rs.132 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 2 : 1 : 3. If the mixture is worth Rs.135 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be....
a) Rs.140 b) Rs.146 c) Rs.150 d) Rs.148
8. A jar full of wine contains 50% alcohol. A part of wine is replaced by another containing 20% alcohol and now percentage of alcohol was found to be 30%. The part of wine replaced is?
a) 1/2 b) 1/3 c) 2/5 d) 2/3
9. A shopkeeper has 50 kg rice, a part of which he sells at 10% profit and rest at 25% profit. He gains 16% on the whole. The quantity sold at 10% profit is?
a) 30 kg b) 20 kg c) 45 kg d) 27 kg
10. An alloy contains tin, copper and zinc in ratio 2 : 3 : 1, and another alloy contain copper, aluminium and tin in ratio 3 : 2 : 7. If both alloys are mixed in equal quantities, then what will be the ratio of tin and aluminium in final alloy?
a) 2 : 11 b) 11 : 9 c) 9 : 2 d) 11 : 2