Directions (1-3): Study the given information
carefully and answer the given questions:
Five persons A, B, C, D and E like different colours among red, white, green, yellow and orange but not necessarily in the same order. Each one likes only one colour. Either B or E likes white. Neither A nor C likes yellow and orange. D likes neither green nor yellow. Neither C nor E likes red and yellow.
1. Who likes green colour?
1) C 2) A 3) B 4) E 5) C or E
2. E likes which colour?
1) Red 2) Orange 3) White
4) Green 5) Yellow
3. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way hence form a group. Find the one which does not belong to that group.
1) A – Red 2) D – Orange 3) E – White
4) C – Green 5) B – White
A- Red B- Yellow C- Green
D- Orange E-White
Ans: 1-1; 2-3; 3-5
Directions (4 – 6): Study the given information carefully and answer the given questions: Six persons P, Q, R, S, T and U like different fruits among apple, banana, guava, mango, kiwi and plum but not necessarily in the same order. Each person likes exactly one fruit. Neither Q nor U likes plum and guava. Either P or S likes Banana. T likes neither mango nor apple. R likes kiwi or guava. Neither P nor T likes plum. U does not like mango and T does not like kiwi.
4. Who likes Apple?
1) P 2) S 3) U 4) Q 5) U or Q
5. Which fruit does S like?
1) Apple 2) Mango 3) Plum
4) Guava 5) Banana
6. Which of the following person fruit combination is true?
1) T - Kiwi 2) R - Guava
3) S – Banana 4) Q - Mango
5) None of these
P- Banana Q- Mango R-Kiwi
S- Plum T- Guava U- Apple
Ans: 4-3; 5-3; 6-4
Directions (Q.7 -11): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. In a class five persons P, Q, R, S and T are the top five rankers in a class in three subjects Urdu, Tamil, Oriya not necessarily in the same order. No two students got the same rank in a subject and no student got the same rank in a subject and no student got the same rank in any two subjects. Further it given that in Tamil P got better rank than R. Neither Q nor T got the first rank in any subject. T got better rank in Urdu than S in Tamil. The student who got second rank in Urdu got fourth rank in Oriya and third rank in Tamil, in each subject Q always got worse rank than S. R got better rank than S in Oriya.
7. Who got third rank in Urdu?
1) P 2) Q 3) R 4) S 5) T
8. What is P’s rank in Oriya?
1) First 2) Second 3) Third
4) Fourth 5) Fifth
9. How many students got better rank than Q in Oriya?
1) Three 2) None 3) Two
4) Four 5) One
10. Who among the following got alternative ranks?
1) Q 2) P 3) R 4) S 5) T
11. Which among the following is definitely false?
1) P always got better rank than R
2) S always got better rank than Q
3) T got consecutive ranks
4) P got alternative ranks
5) Q got consecutive ranks
Ans: 7-1; 8-5; 9-3; 10-2; 11-1
12. Who among the following buys Nail paint?
1) G 2) C 3) D
4) F 5) None of These
13. Which item was bought immediately after Shirt?
1) Diary 2) Goggles 3) Tie
4) Coat 5) None of These
14. How many persons buy items between E and B?
1) One 2) Two 3) Three
4) Four 5) None of These
15. Which of the following combination is true?
1) C – Tie 2) D – Dairy 3) F – Goggles
4) A – Dairy 5) None is true
16. Who among the following buys item immediately before Ring?
1) G 2) C 3) D
4) F 5) None of These
G – Tie C – Coat E – Ring
D – Nail Paint F – Shirt A – Dairy
B – Goggles
Ans: 12-3; 13-1; 14-3; 15-4; 16-2
Directions (17 - 21): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions: Eight friends M, N, O, P, Q, R, S and T like different fruits- Banana, Cherry, Apricot, Peach, Plumcot, Star fruit, Strawberry and Pineapple. Each friend also like different colors namely Red, Pink, Blue, Purple, Black, White, Orange and Silver (not necessarily in the same order). R likes Red color and neither likes Apricot nor Peach. The one who likes Banana also likes Pink. The one who likes Pineapple also likes Silver color. M likes Cherry but neither likes Purple nor like Black. N likes White and does not like Peach. P likes Plumcot but doesn’t likes Purple color. The one who likes Peach does not likes Black color. T neither likes Pink and nor likes Peach. Q does not like Peach. The one who likes Orange color also likes Strawberry fruit. S neither likes Pink color nor Pineapple fruit. O and Q doesn’t like Orange color. Q doesn’t like Pineapple. S doesn’t like Purple color.
17. Which of the following color does P like?
1) Black 2) Blue 3) Silver
4) Purple 5) None of these
18. Which of the following combinations of fruit and color is correct with respect to O?
1) Pineapple and Pink
2) Plumcot and Silver
3) Peach and Purple
4) Pineapple and Silver 5) Peach and Pink
19. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
1) M – Peach 2) P – Star fruit
3) O – Banana 4) P – Plumcot
5) Q - Pineapple
20. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
1) Blue – Cherry 2) Pink – Plumcot
3) Silver –Star fruit 4) Red – Apricot
5) Blue - Pineapple
21. Which fruit does R like?
1) Apricot 2) Star fruit
3) Banana 4) Plumcot
5) None of these
Explanation: Person Color Fruit M Blue Cherry N White Apricot O Purple Peach P Black Plumcot Q Pink Banana R Red Star fruit S Orange Straw Berry T Silver Pine Apple
Ans: 17-1; 18-3; 19-4; 20-1; 21-2
Directions (Q.22-26): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions: Kalpana, Jeevan, Ismail, Harini, Girish, Eswari, Divya and Chandini are eight persons. All eight persons order goods in different online sites namely – Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm, ebay, Jabong, Myntra and Croma; and purchased goods are Laptop, Jewellery, Books, TV, Juicer, Refrigerator, Ipod and Mobile not necessarily in same order. H Kalpana, who purchases Ipod ordered in neither Croma nor ebay H The one who orders in Snapdeal doesn’t purchases either Books or Juicer. H Girish and Eswari purchase Jewellery and Refrigerator. H Jeevan orders in Paytm and does not purchase either Laptop or Books. H The one who orders in ebay purchases Refrigerator. H Ismail does not order in Croma H Chandini does not purchase Juicer. H The one who orders in Amazon purchases TV H Harini purchases Mobile. Divya orders in Jabong and does not purchase laptop. H The one who purchases Mobile orders in Flipkart and who purchases in Myntra orders Jewellery.
22. Who among the following purchase Laptop?
1) Girish 2) Jeevan
3) The one who orders in Croma
4) Eswari 5) The one who orders in Paytm
23. Who among the following orders in Jabong?
1) Kalpana 2) Divya
3) Who purchases books
4) Who purchases Jewellery
5) Both (2) and (3)
24. If Girish orders in ebay then Eswari purchases which of the following goods?
1) Jewellery 2) Refrigerator
3) Ipod 4) Laptop
5) Cannot be determined
25. Which among the following combination is definitely true?
1) Girish – Refrigerator – ebay
2) Ismail – TV – Paytm
3) Eswari – Jewellery – Myntra
4) Harini – Mobile – Flipkart
5) Chandini – Juicer – Snapdeal
26. Which among the following combination is definitely false?
1) Jeevan – Paytm – Juicer
2) Jabong – Laptop – Divya
3) Harini – Mobile – Flipkart
4) Eswari – Refrigerator – ebay
5) More than one
Ans: 22-3; 23-5; 24-1; 25-4; 26-5