Directions (Q.1-5): Study the following graph carefully and answer the questions accordingly. Following graph shows the percentage profit of two companies A and B over the Years:
1. If the income of company 'B' in 2006 was 45 lakhs, what was the expenditure in that year?
Ans: 33.33 lakh
P% = 35, Income = 45 lakh
⇒ E = 33.33 lakh
Expenditure is always 100%, Profit = 35%
Income = 135%
Given Income is 45 lakh
If 135% = 45 lakh
2. If the expenditure of the company 'A' in 2008 was 25 lakhs, what was the income of that company in that year?
Ans: 40 lakh
P% = 60,
Expenditure = 100%, Income = 160%
Given, Expenditure = 25 lakh
If 100% = 25 lakhs,
3. The percentage profit of company 'B' in 2009 was the same as the percentage profit of company 'A' in which of the following years?
4. In which of the following years was the ratio of income to expenditure of company A, the minimum?
Ratio is minimum when the profit percent is minimum.
5. If the income of Company 'B' in 2007 was same as the income of company 'A' in 2004 and expenditure of company 'B' in 2007 was 30 lakhs, then what was the approximate expenditure of company 'A' in 2004?
Ans: 33 lakh
In 2007, Company B's Expenditure
= 30 lakh, Profit % = 55%
Directions (Q.6-10): Study the information given below and answer the questions that follow.
a) In a class of 80 students, girls and boys are in the ratio 3:5. The students can speak only English or only Hindi or both English and Hindi.
b) The number of boys and the number of girls who can speak only Hindi is equal and each of them is 40% of the total number of girls.
c) 10% of the girls can speak both the languages and 58% of the boys can speak only English.
6. How many girls can speak only English?
7. Find the number of boys who can speak only Hindi.
8. What percentage students can speak only Hindi?
9. How many girls can speak either Hindi or English, but not both?
Explanation: 15 + 12 = 27
10. What is the ratio of the number of boys who can speak both the languages to the number of girls who can speak both the languages?
Explanation: 9:3 = 3:1
Directions (Q.11-15): Study the following table carefully to answer the questions that follow. Following table gives the production of Televisions of six companies A, B, C, D, E and F over the years.
11. During the year 2008, which company had the highest percentage of production over its total production for all the years together?
12. What is the ratio of the total production of companies A, C and E together in 2007 to the total production of companies B, C and F together in 2006?
Explanation: 2007 A, C and E = 96 + 112 + 122 = 330
2006 B, C and F = 112 + 90 + 134 = 336
Required ratio = 330:336 55:56
13. What is the percentage increase in production of company B from 2007 to 2011?
14. During which year company D had the lowest percentage of production over the total production of all the companies together?
15. The total production of companies A, D and F together in 2008 is how much more / less than total production of these companies together in 2010?
Ans: None of these
2008 55 + 142 + 120 = 317
2011 138 + 93 + 40 = 271
317000 − 271000 = 46000 less