Directions (Qs. 1 - 3): Study the following Information carefully and answer the questions given below.
A + B means A is Father of B
A ÷ B means A is Brother of B
A × B means A is Husband of B
A − B means A is Sister of B
1. Which of the following is TRUE for the given expression L + M − N + O ÷ P?
A) L is the father of O B) M is the mother of P C) O is the sister of P
D) O is the nephew of M E) None is true
2. Which of the following expression denotes that Q is the Sister-in-law of N?
A) M + N − O + P ÷ Q B) M × N − O ÷ P ÷ Q C) M + O − N ÷ Q + P
D) M + N − O ÷ P × Q E) None of these
3. If ‘K × D − G + T ÷ N’ is TRUE then how is N related to D?
A) Son B) Nephew C) Daughter D) Niece E) Either 2 or 4
4. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the given expression, if C is sister-in-law J "C = D ÷ F ? H ÷ J"
A) % B) = C) + D) ÷ E) None
5. Which of the following pairs of persons represent that the first is the mother-in-law of the second with regard to the following questions: L = P ÷ A + V % W = K
A) VW B) AK C) KP D) KL E) VK
6. In the given expression, how is R related to T ″T + Q ÷ P % R ÷ S″?
A) Father B) Brother C) Mother D) Sister E) Son
Directions (Qs. 7 - 8): In the following questions, the symbols #, &, @, ∗, $, % and ! are used with the following meanings as illustrated below. Study the following information and answer the following questions.
A # B means A is the son of B
A @ B means B is the child of A
A ! B means A is the parent of B
A $ B means A is elder than B
A ∗ B means A is the husband of B
A & B means B is the daughter-in-law of A
A % B means A is the wife of B
7. D ∗ P & Q @ A, X @ A # Q then how is A related to D?
A) Great grandson B) Either grandson or Granddaughter C) Grandfather
D) Nephew or Niece E) Grandson
8. If G ∗ M ! C $ E # M, the age of E is 20 yrs and age of G is 40 years then what is the probable age of C? A) 16 years B) 21 years C) 45 years D) 15 years E) Can't be determined
Directions (Qs. 9 - 11): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
P # Q means P is the spouse of Q
P & Q means P is the child of Q
P % Q means P is the sister of Q
P @ Q means P is the daughter of Q
P ! Q means P is the grandmother of Q
P µ Q means P is the father of Q
Statements: U µ K % J, A ! S & K # T & A, Q & Z # E @ H, E % T µ M
9. How is J related to T?
A) Sister B) Sister-in-law C) Brother-in-law D) Brother E) Either 2 or 3
10. How is M related to E?
A) Son B) Daughter C) Nephew D) Can't be determined E) Niece
11. How is Q related to S?
A) Cousin B) Brother C) Sister D) Either 2 or 3 E) Can't be determined
Directions (Qs. 12 - 14): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
There are Nine members - A, B, E, G, N, P, S, U and Y in a family of three generations. Number of females is more than the number of males in the family. No other persons in the family. G is the Father of N, who is unmarried. E is the Brother-in-law of N. Y is married to G, who has only one Son. S is the daughter - inlaw of Y. P is the nephew of A, who is the uncle of B. S has no Siblings.
12. How is N's brother related to E?
A) Sister B) Brother-in-law C) Brother D) Sister-in-law E) Husband
13. How is U related to G?
A) Son B) Daughter-in-law C) Daughter D) Sister E) Son-in-law
14. How is B related to S?
A) Daughter B) Nephew C) Son D) Niece E) Can't be determined
Directions (Qs. 15 - 17): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
F is the daughter of G, who is the child of K. S is the Son of Y, who is the Spouse of T. K has only three children. T is the Brother-inlaw of B, who is the Sibling of G. R is the Sister-in-law of G, who is the Spouse of D. G is the Son-in-law of Q. B is unmarried.
15. How is Q related to R?
A) Daughter B) Father C) Son D) Mother E) Either 2 or
16. If K has only one Daughter, then how is B related to F?
A) Aunt B) Uncle C) Father D) Either 1 or 2 E) Can't be determined
17. If H is the Spouse of K, then how is H related to Y?
A) Mother B) Fathe r C) Mother-in-law D) Can't be determined E) Father-in-law
Directions (Qs. 18 - 21): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
K, L, M, and N are males who married to four females namely, D, E, F, and G but not necessarily in the same order. R, S, T, U, and V are five children who belong to these four couples. L is married to G, who doesn't have any child. R is the only Son of E, who is not married to K. S and T are Siblings and are of different genders. M is the father of two children. U is the daughter of F, who does not have any other child. K has one Daughter T. V is the sister of R.
18. How many boys are there in the group of children?
A) Five B) Three C) Two D) One E) Four
19. Who amongst the following person is the Father of V?
A) L B) M C) K D) N E) Can ft be determined
20. Who amongst the following pair is couple?
A) M − F B) N − E C) E − K D) K − D E) M − D
21. U is the child of whom among the following?
A) K B) N C) L D) E E) D