1. Equal quantities of two milk and water solutions which contains milk and water in ratio, 1 : 5 and 3 : 5 are mixed together. What will be the ratio of water to milk in the resultant solution?
a) 13 : 35 b) 4 : 10 c) 5 : 8 d) 35 : 13
2. The respective ratio of milk and water in 66 litres of adulterated milk is 5 : 1. Water is added into it to make the respective ratio 5 : 3. What is the quantity of water added?
a) 11 litres b) 22 litres c) 33 litres d) 44 litres
3. A 200 litres solution of alcohol and water contains 1/4 th part alcohol. Find the new percentage of alcohol, if 50 litres of the original solution is replaced by 50 litres of alcohol
a) 43.75% b) 50% c) 66.66% d) 80%
4. A container has 80 litres of milk. From this container 8 litres of milk was taken out and replaced with water. The process was further repeated twice. How much milk is there in the container finally? (in liters)
a) 58.32 b) 60.32 c) 62 d) 64.7
5. 100 litres of a mixture contains 10% water and the rest milk. The amount of water that must be added so that the resulting mixture contains only 50% milk is......
a) 70 litres b) 72 litres c) 78 litres d) 80 litres
6. In a particular type of fertilizer, the ratio of two chemicals A and B is 2 : 5. In 21 kg of this fertilizer, if 3 kg of type - A is added, the ratio of chemical A to B in the new fertilizer will be
a) 1 : 1 b) 2 : 3 c) 3 : 5 d) 4 : 5
7. Rice worth Rs.120 per kg and Rs.132 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 2 : 1 : 3. If the mixture is worth Rs.135 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be....
a) Rs.140 b) Rs.146 c) Rs.150 d) Rs.148
8. A jar full of wine contains 50% alcohol. A part of wine is replaced by another containing 20% alcohol and now percentage of alcohol was found to be 30%. The part of wine replaced is?
a) 1/2 b) 1/3 c) 2/5 d) 2/3
9. A shopkeeper has 50 kg rice, a part of which he sells at 10% profit and rest at 25% profit. He gains 16% on the whole. The quantity sold at 10% profit is?
a) 30 kg b) 20 kg c) 45 kg d) 27 kg
10. An alloy contains tin, copper and zinc in ratio 2 : 3 : 1, and another alloy contain copper, aluminium and tin in ratio 3 : 2 : 7. If both alloys are mixed in equal quantities, then what will be the ratio of tin and aluminium in final alloy?
a) 2 : 11 b) 11 : 9 c) 9 : 2 d) 11 : 2