1. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as?
A) 4% of a B) 6% of a C) 8% of a D) 10% of a E) None of these
2. The population of a town increased from1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. The average percent increase of population per year is?
A) 4.37% B) 5% C) 6% D) 8.75% E) None of these
3. Two friends Akash & Beenu had some candies each. One of them had 15 candies more than the other. The candy with Akash was 60% of the total candies with them. How many candies did each have?
A) 40, 25 B) 47, 32 C) 45, 30 D) 49, 34 E) None of these
4. A fruit seller had some oranges. He sells 30% oranges and still has 140 oranges. Originally, he had?
A) 288 oranges B) 300 oranges C) 672 oranges D) 200 oranges E) None of these
5. A student has to obtain 33% of the total marks to pass. He got 125 marks and failed by 40 marks. The maximum marks are?
A) 500 B) 600 C) 800 D) 1000 E) None of these
6. A vessel contains milk and water in which 20% water. 20 litres of mixture was taken out and replaced by water and the ratio becomes 12 : 13. Find the initial quantity of milk in the vessel.
A) 40 litres B) 30 litres C) 50 litres D) 56 litres E) 60 litres
7. A container contains pure milk. From these 4 litres of milk taken out and replaced by water.This process is repeated for one more time and the remaining milk in the container is 12.8 litres. What is the initial quantity of milk
in the container?
A) 15 litres B) 20 litres C) 25 litres D) 24 litres E) 32 litres
8. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was....
A) 2700 B) 2900 C) 3000 D) 3100 E) None of these
9. Two students appeared at an examination.One of them secured 9 marks more than the other and his marks was 56% of the sum of their marks. The marks obtained by them are:
A) 39, 30 B) 41, 32 C) 42, 33 D) 43, 34 E) None of these
10. A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% apples and still has 420 apples.Originally, he had?
A) 588 apples B) 600 apples C) 672 apples D) 700 apples E) None of these
11. If the price of a book is first decreased by25% and then increased by 20%, then the net change in the price will be?
A) 10 B) 20 C) 30 D) 40 E) None of these
12. The population of a town was 1,60,000 three years ago. If it increased by 3%, 2.5%and 5% respectively in the last three years,then the present population is....
A) 155679 B) 167890 C) 179890 D) 177366 E) None of these
13. If x is 80% of y, then what percent of 2x is y?
A) 65.5% B) 64.5% C) 63.5% D) 62.5% E) None of these
14. Gaurav spends 30% of his monthly income on food articles, 40% of the remaining on conveyance and clothes and saves 50% of the remaining. If his monthly salary is Rs.18,400, how much money does he save every month?
A) Rs.3864 B) Rs.4903 C) 5849 D) Rs.6789 E) None of these
15. If 75% of a number is added to 75, then the result is the number itself. The number is?
A) 100 B) 200 C) 300 D) 400 E) None of these
16. Three candidates, Ajay, Bijoy & Chandu contested an election and received 1800, 3300 and 3900 votes respectively. What percent of the total votes did Ajay get?
A) 20% B) 40% C) 45% D) 70% E) None of these
17. A stationery seller had some Pens,Sharpeners, Erasers & Pencils. He sells 65% of the total units and still has 175 units. Originally, he had?
A) 588 units B) 400 units C) 272 units D) 500 units E) None of these
18. The total population of a village increased from 1,80,00 to 22,500 in a decade. The average percentage increase of population per year of that village is?
A) 2.37% B) 2.5% C) 3.6% D) 6.75% E) None of these
19. The difference of two numbers is 20% of the larger number, if the smaller number is 20, then the larger number is?
A) 15 B) 25 C) 35 D) 45 E) None of these