Some Useful Tips..
* Start with a brief reading of the question and analyze which type of puzzle it is?
* Check out in which category the puzzle falls whether it is easy or hard having the mix type of variables.
* Now start reading the question word by word and collect all the information. Write down all the data in tabular form or in an easy format.
Directions (Qs. 1 - 5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given beside.
Seven people from I to O came into the meeting room. O came just before J. Only three people came between K and L. L came immediately after I. No one came between I and J while J came before I. Only one person came between K and M.
1. Who entered the meeting room first?
A) N B) O C) M D) K
2. How many people came in between M and L?
A) 1 B) 5 C) 4 D) 3
3. Who entered last in the meeting room?
A) L B) M C) O D) I
4. If all the persons came as per alphabetical order of their names then position of whom among the following remains unchanged?
A) M B) I C) J D) K
5. Who came just before J?
A) M B) I C) O D) K
Directions (Qs. 6 - 8): Study the following information to answer the given questions. Amongst five friends K, L, M, N and O each scored different marks in an examination out of a total of 200 marks. N scored more marks than only O. M scored less than K. Only one person scored more than L. The one who scored second highest marks scored 190 marks.
6. Who scored the third least marks in the examination?
A) K B) L C) M D) O
7. How many people scored less than O?
A) Two B) One C) Zero D) Three
8. Who scored the highest marks in the examination?
A) N B) K C) M D) O
Directions (Qs. 9 - 10): Study the following information to answer the given questions. Five people are standing in one line. One of the two people at the extreme end is a Teacher and the other is an Architect. A Singer is to the right of
a student. An Author is to the left of the Architect.
9. What is the position of Singer from the left end?
A) First B) Second C) Third D) Fourth
10. What is the position of Author with respect to Student?
A) Immediate left B) Immediate right
C) Second to the left D) Second to the right
ANS: Second to the right
Directions (Qs. 11 - 14): Study the following information to answer the given questions. Nine boys J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q and R are seated in a row (facing North) watching a movie. M is sitting second to the right of N and L is sitting third to the right of N. K is sitting at one end of the row. Q is sitting between O and P. K is sitting third to the right of O. O is sitting to the immediate right of J.
11. What is the position of J?
A) To the immediate right of N B) Sitting between L and O
C) Sitting between Q and K D) To the immediate right of M
ANS: Sitting between L and O
12. What is the position of O from the left end?
A) Second B) Fifth C) Fourth D) Sixth
13. What is the position of M from the right end?
A) Third B) Seventh C) Second D) Third
14. How many boys are sitting between M and Q?
A) 3 B) 5 C) 2 D) 1
Directions (Qs. 15 - 18): Study the following information to answer the given questions. Five boys Akhil, Bharat, Chakri, Dharma and Eshwar and five girls Parvathi, Keerthi, Rani, Savita and Vimla sit in two rows facing towards
each other. All the boys are in one row and all the girls in the other row. Chakri who is to the immediate right of Eshwar and opposite to Parvathi who is not at any end. Rani, who is immediate to the right of Keerthi and opposite to
Dharma, is at one of the ends. Akhil is opposite to Keerthi who is third to the right of Savita. Bharat and Vimla are not opposite each other.
15. Who is sitting opposite to Akhil?
A) Parvathi B) Rani C) Savitha D) Keerthi
16. Who is to the immediate right of Chakri?
A) Akhil B) Dharma C) Eshwar D) Bharat
17. Who is to the second right of Vimla?
A) Savitha B) Keerthi C) Rani D) Parvathi
18. Who is sitting opposite to Rani?
A) Akhil B) Dharma C) Chakri D) Bharat