Direction (Q. No: 1-8): In the following questions, statements are given. Solve the quantities and choose the correct option
1. P can complete a piece of work in 16 days which Q can complete in 32 days. P and Q work on alternate days.
Quantity I: Time taken by them to complete the work if P starts on day one.
Quantity II: Time taken by them to complete the work if Q starts on day one.
2. Quantity I: Present age of Father. Father's age is 4 times that of his son. 5 years back, it was 7 times.
Quantity II: Present age of man. Fifteen years hence, a man will be four times as old as he was fifteen years ago.
3. The average weight of X, Y and Z is 55 kg. If the average weight of X and Y be 45.5 kg and that of Y and Z be 64 kg.
Quantity I: What is the weight (in kgs) of Y?
Quantity II: What is the weight (in kgs) of X?
5. Quantity I: 3600, 3800, 4000, ?, 4400, 4600. Find the x value.
Quantity II: P and R entered into partnership with investment in the ratio 6 : 7. After one year, P made her investment 1.5 times and after one more year, R doubled her investment. At the end of three years, they earned a total profit of Rs.9100. Find the share of P in the profit.
6. Quantity I: Days in which B can complete alone, if A and B can complete work in 10 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 20 days.
Quantity II: The ratio of ages of X and Y, 4 years ago is 1 : 4 and sum of their present ages is 38, then find the age of X after 12 years.
7. Quantity I: MRP of an article, if the article is marked at Rs. 480 more than its cost price, and on being sold at 20% discount, a profit of Rs.124 is earned.
Quantity II: MRP of an article, if the article is marked at 60% above the cost price, and on being sold at 30% discount, a profit of Rs. 72 is earned.
8. Quantity I: Rs. 3867
Quantity II: The ratio of income of Praveen in the years 2019 and 2020 is 5 : 7 respectively. In 2019, Praveen spends 45% of his income and saves Rs. 4510. Find the savings of Praveen in 2020 if he spends 70% of his income in that year?