In this type of questions the given words are to be arranged in the alphabetical order like in the dictionary. In this method first consider the first letter arrange them in the order and consider second letter and arrange them in the order then take next letter so on. Arrange the given words accordingly.
Arrange the given words in alphabetical order and choose the one that comes first.
* 1) Intense 2) Intellect 3) Intend 4) Intelligent 5) Integument
Hint: Integument, Intellect, Intelligent, Intend, Intense
* 1) Didactic 2) Dictum 3) Dictionary 4) Diastole 5) Dictate
Hint: Diastole, Dictate, Dictionary, Dictum, Didactic
* 1) Animate 2) Animosity 3) Anguish 4) Ankle 5) Announce
Hint: Anguish, Animate, Animosity, Ankle, Announce
* 1) Qualify 2) Quarter 3) Quarrel 4) Quarry 5) Quaver
Hint: Qualify, Quarrel, Quarry, Quarter, Quaver
* 1) Judiciary 2) Jockey 3) Javelin 4) Jealous 5) Jargon
Hint: Jargon, Javelin, Jealous, Jockey, Judiciary
* 1) Blast 2) Bottle 3) Bondage 4) Boisterous 5) Bonafide
Hint: Blast, Boisterous, Bonafide, Bondage, Bottle
* 1) Tenacious 2) Terminate 3) Temperature 4) Temple 5) Tenant
Hint: Temperature, Temple, Tenacious, Tenant, Terminate
Arrange the given words in alphabetical order and tick the one that comes in the middle.
* 1) Plane 2) Plain 3) Plenty 4) Player 5) Place
Hint: Place, Plain, Plane, Player, Plenty
* 1) Parasite 2) Party 3) Petal 4) Paste 5) Prick
Hint: Parasite, Party, Paste, Petal, Prick
* 1) Catastrophe 2) Canvass 3) Crisp 4) Charcoal 5) Character
Hint: Canvass, Catastrophe, Character, Charcoal, Crisp
* 1) Delude 2) Delirium 3) Defer 4) Demean 5) Delete
Hint: Defer, Delete, Delirium, Delude, Demean
* 1) Verrigate 2) Vibrate 3) Vindictive 4) Trench 5) Wavering
Hint: Trench, Verrigate, Vibrate, Vindictive, Wavering
* 1) Firmament 2) Finish 3) First 4) Fissure 5) Fiscal
Hint: Finish, Firmament, First, Fiscal, Fissure
* 1) Amphibian 2) Amorphous 3) Amphidextrous 4) Ambiguous 5) Ambivalent
Hint: Ambiguous, Ambivalent, Amorphous, Amphibian, Amphidextrous
* 1) Entry 2) Efflorescent 3) Entreat 4) Ensure 5) Every
Hint: Efflorescent, Ensure, Entreat, Entry, Every
Arrange the given words in alphabetical order and tick the one that comes at the second place.
* 1) Converse 2) Current 3) Curator 4) Cutaneous 5) Cushion
Hint: Converse, Curator, Current, Cushion, Cutaneous
* 1) Mink 2) Multiple 3) Murder 4) Multitude 5) Music
Hint: Mink, Multiple, Multitude, Murder, Music
* 1) Rural 2) Romance 3) Rejoice 4) Reveal 5) Retain
Hint: Rejoice, Retain, Reveal, Romance, Rural
In each of the following questions, arrange the given words in which they occur in the dictionary and then choose the correct sequence.
* A) Peach B) Praise C) Precinct D) Precept E) Precede
1) 2,1,5,4,3 2) 2,1,3,4,5 3) 2,5,1,4,3 4) 1,2,5,4,3 5) None of these
* A) Select B) Seldom C) Send D) Selfish E) Seller
1) 1,2,4,5,3 2) 2,1,5,4,3 3) 2,1,4,5,3 4) 2,5,4,1,3 5) None of these
* A) Wrinkle B) Wriggle C) Writhe D) Wretch E) Wrath
1) 4,5,1,2,3 2) 5,4,2,1,3 3) 4,2,5,1,3 4) 5,2,1,3,4 5) None of these
* A) Spruce B) Spume C) Spree D) Spurt E) Sprawl
1) 5,3,1,2,4 2) 1,2,3,4,5 3) 3,5,1,4,2 4) 5,4,3,2,1 5) None of these
* A) Credential B) Creed C) Crease D) Cremate E) Credible
1) 1,2,3,4,5 2) 1,5,3,4,2 3) 5,1,2,3,4 4) 3,1,5,2,4 5) None of these
* A) Intrinsic B) Intrude C) Intricate D) Introvert E) Intrigue F) Introduce
1) 3,5,1,4,6,2 2) 3,5,1,6,4,2 3) 3,1,5,4,6,2 4) 5,1,3,2,4,6 5) None of these
* A) Liver B) Long C) Late D) Load E) Luminous F) Letter
1) 3,1,6,2,4,5 2) 3,1,6,2,5,4 3) 3,6,1,2,4,5 4) 3,6,1,4,2,5 5) None of these
Answer the following questions based on the alphabet given below:
AB C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
26. If the letters of the word PRODUCTIVE which are at the odd-numbered position in the English alphabet are picked up and arranged in alphabetical order from left and if they are now substituted by Z, Y, X and so on, beginning from left, which letter will get substituted by W?
1) No letter will get substituted by W. 2) O 3) E 4) C 5) None of these
* What will come in the place of question mark (?) in the following series?
GPW, GPUW, GIPUW, GIPSUW, ?
1) GIHPSUW 2) GIPQSUW 3) GIKPSUW 4) GUPSUV 5) None of these
* If the alphabets are written in reverse order after interchanging alphabets from 'D to L' with those from ‘R to Z' respectively, which letter would be midway between W and E in the new order?
1) Z 2) N 3) D 4) There is no such letter 5) None of these
* If every third letter from the following English alphabet is dropped, which letter will be seventh to the right of eleventh letter from your right?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1) V 2) U 3) K 4) I 5) None of these
Hint: After dropping every third letter, we get A B D E G H J K M N P Q S T V W Y Z ( 11 - 7 ) = 4th from the right
* A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Four of the following five letter groups of the English alphabet given above are alike in a certain way and so form a group. On the basis of their position in English alphabet, which is the one that does not belong to the group?
1) DKG 2) FMI 3) MTP 4) JQM 5) HOL
Hint: In all others, the sequence is that of +7 and - 4 respectively.
Following questions are based on English alphabet.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
* If the letters from T to Z are interchanged by the letters A to G in such a way that A takes the position of T and so on, then which will be the third letter to the left of 18th from the right?
1) Y 2) U 3) B 4) C 5) None of these
Hint: 3rd letter to the left of 18th letter from right. = ( 18 + 3 ) = 21st letter from
right = ( 26 - 21 + 1) 6th from left = F. In the changed sequence, Y comes in place of F.
* If the first 6 letters shall be written in opposite order, then the next 6 letters shall be written in opposite order and so on, and at the end Y will be interchanged by Z then which will be the fourth letter to the right of 13th letter from left?
1) J 2) H 3) I 4) O 5) None of these
Hint: 4th to the right of 13th from left = ( 13 + 4 ) = 17th from left = Q.
* What will come in place of question mark(?) in the following series?
DGK GKP ? PVC
1) GKV 2) KPV 3) PVZ 4) KPU 5) None of these.
Hint: First letter moves + 3, + 4, + 5 places forward, Second letter + 4, + 5, + 6, and third letter + 5, + 6, + 7 in consecutive terms.