★ Change the sentences into other degrees of comparison as mentioned in the brackets.
1. The Pacific is the deepest ocean in the world. (Change into Comparative Degree)
1. Very few oceans in the world are deeper than the Pacific.
2. The Pacific is more deeper than any other ocean in the world.
3. The Pacific is deeper than any ocean in the world.
4. The Pacific is deeper than any other ocean in the world.
2. Ooty is one of the coolest places in India. (Change into Positive Degree)
1. Many other places in India are not very cool as Ooty
2. Very few places in India are as cool as Ooty
3. No other place in India is as cool as Ooty
4. Ooty is as cool as most other places in India
3. The lion is the wildest animal. (Change into Comparative Degree)
1. The lion is more wild than other animals
2. The lion is wilder than any animal
3. No animal is wilder than the lion
4. The lion is wilder than any other animal
4. The humming bird is smaller than many other birds. (Change into Positive Degree)
1. Very few humming birds are as small as other birds
2. Very few birds are as small as the humming bird
3. Many other birds are as small as the humming bird
4. The humming bird is as small as many other birds
5. This film is worse than any other film. (Change into Superlative Degree)
1. No other film is worst than this film
2. This is one of the worst films
3. This is the worst film
4. This is the most worst film
6. Gandhiji is more famous than most other Indian leaders. (Change into Superlative Degree)
1. Gandhiji is one of the most famous Indian leaders
2. Gandhiji is one of the famousest Indian leaders
3. Gandhiji is one of the best famous leaders in India
4. Gandhiji is the most famous Indian leader
7. Prevention is better than cure. (Change into Positive Degree)
1. Cure is not as good as prevention
2. Prevention is not as bad as cure
3. Cure is not good over prevention
4. Cure is not more good than prevention
ANSWERS: 1-4; 2-2; 3-4; 4-2; 5-3; 6-1; 7-1.