1. What day of the week was 27th March,1967?
a) Sunday b) Monday
c) Tuesday d) Wednesday
Sol: 27th March, 1967 = (1600 + 300 + 66) years
+ 1st January, 1967 to 27th March, 1967
1600 years have 0 odd days.
300 years have 1 odd day.
66 years contain 16 leap years and 50 ordinary years.
Number of odd days in 66 years = 16 × 2 + 50 Þ 32 + 50 = 82 Þ 5 odd days
Also, number of days from 1st January, 1967 to 27th March, 1967
Month : January February March
Days: 31 + 28 + 27 = 86
= 2 odd days
Total number of odd days = 0 + 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 Þ 1 odd day
So, 27th March, 1967 was Monday
2. If it was Monday on 3rd, January 1994, then what day of the week was 3rd January, 1995?
a) Monday b) Tuesday
c) Wednesday d) Sunday
Sol: The year 1994 being an ordinary year, it has one odd day.
So, the day on 3rd January, 1995 was Tuesday.
3. If 15th September, 1943 was a Wednesday, then what day of the week was 19th September, 1944?
a) Tuesday b) Wednesday
c) Thursday d) Friday
Sol: It is given that, 15th September, 1943 was Wednesday.
As, 1944 is a leap year.
Therefore, there are two odd days from 15th September, 1943 to 15th September, 1944.
So, 15th September,1944 is two days after Wednesday, i.e., Friday
Hence, 19th September, 1944 is four days
after Friday, i.e., Tuesday.
4. If 2nd January, 1992 was a Monday, then what day of the week was 2nd July,1992?
a) Monday b) Wednesday
c) Tuesday d) Friday
Sol: 1992 is a leap year.
We know that, in a leap year the calendar for the month of January is the same for the month of July.
Therefore, 2nd July 1992 was Monday.
5. If it was a Wednesday on 3rd July, 2006, then what day of the week was 1st July, 2001?
a) Tuesday b) Monday
c) Sunday d) Friday
Sol: First we look for the leap years during this period.
∴ Only 2004 is a leap year and the years 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006 are the ordinary years.
Number of odd days from 3rd July, 2001 to 3rd July, 2006 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 odd days.
So, 3rd July, 2001 was 6 days before Wednesday, i.e., on Thursday.
Therefore, 1st July, 2001 was Tuesday.
6. Which year will have the same calendar as that of 2008?
a) 2032 b) 2044 c) 2036 d) 2040
Sol: The year 2008 is a leap year and a leap year calendar repeats itself after 28 years.
(If there is no non-leap century year in between both the leap years.)
2008 + 28 = 2036
So, 2036 will have the same calendar as that of 2008.
7. In the year 2004, how many months had 30 days?
a) 4 b) 6 c) 5 d) 7
Sol: In 2004, April, June, September and November had 30 days.