* Sardar Swaran Singh Committee was formed in the year 1976 to make recommendations about Fundamental Duties.
* Committee recommended to include Fundamental Duties as a separate chapter in the constitution & stressed the need to make people aware of the duties they have to perform along with enjoying rights.
* Actually, this committee had only recommended 8 Fundamental Duties but the government of that time included 10 Fundamental Duties.
Some provisions that were not accepted of the committee
1. The provision to impose penalty or punishment for non-compliance of the Fundamental Duties.
2. The law by which a person is punished can’t be taken to the court of law as a matter of violation of certain Fundamental Right.
3. Duty to pay taxes should also be a Fundamental Duty of the citizens.