1. In a certain code DESPAIR is written as TFEQSJB. How is NUMERAL written in that code ?
2. If it is possible to make only one meaningful word with the first, second, sixth and tenth letters of the words DISCLAIMER, which of the following will be the third letter from the left? If no such word can be made, give 'X' as your answer and if more than one such word can be made, give 'Y' as the answer.
1) I 2) R 3) D 4) X 5) Y
Explanation: The desired letters are D, I, A and R. The words that can be formed of these letters are ARID and RAID.
3. How many such digits are there in the number 27561493 each of which is as far away from the beginning of the number as when the digits are arranged in descending order within the number?
4. If 'yellow' is called 'red', 'red' is called 'blue', 'blue' is called 'white', 'white' is called 'black', 'black' is called 'green', and 'green' is called 'violet', what is the color of clear sky?
1) Green 2) Violet 3) Yellow 4) Red 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
Explanation: The color of the sky is blue. But 'blue' is called 'white'.
5. It was 9:35 a.m. in Rakhi's watch, which kept correct time, when Reena informed her that the last bus left the bus stop at 9:25 a.m. Reena's watch is 5 minutes fast. The frequency of the bus is every 20 minutes. For how long must Rakhi wait to catch the next bus?
Ans: 5 minutes
Explanation: The last bus left at 9:25 a.m. by Reena's watch.
∴ It left at (9:25 − 0:05 = 9:20) 9:20 a.m. correct time.
∴ Next bus will leave at (9:20 + 0:20 = 9:40) 9:40 a.m.
∴ Rakhi must wait for (9:40 - 9:35 = 5) 5 minutes.
6. Which of the following should come next in the given sequence of numbers?
2 4 3 2 4 3 1 2 4 3 1 2 2 4 3 1 2 3 2 4 3 1 2 3
1) 2 2) 3 3) 4 4) 5 5) None of these
Ans: 3) 4
7. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters EDOM, using each letter only once in each word?
Explanation: DEMO, DOME and MODE
8. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) Nephew 2) Cousin 3) Mother 4) Brother 5) Sister
Explanation: In all others, the sex can be determined.
9. How many pairs of letters are there in the word SECURITY each of which has as many alphabets between them as there are in the English alphabetical series ?
10. In a certain code STAR is written as 5$2 and TORE is written as $32@. How is OATS written in that code?
Ans: 3 *$ 5
Directions (Q.11-15): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions, which follow:
'P ÷ Q' means 'P is son of Q'.
'P × Q' means 'P is sister of Q'.
'P + Q' means 'P is brother of Q'.
'P − Q' means 'P is mother of Q'.
11. How is T related to S in the expression 'T × R + V ÷ S'?
1) Sister 2) Mother 3) Aunt 4) Uncle 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
Hence T is the daughter of S.
12. How is T related to S in the expression 'T × R ÷ V − S'?
13. How is S related to T in the expression 'T + R − V + S'?
Ans: Cannot be determined
S is either the nephew or niece of T.
14. Which of the following means that 'S is the husband of T'?
1) T × R − V + S 2) T − R ÷ V × S 3) T − R + V ÷ S 4) T ÷ R × V + S 5) None of these
Ans: T − R + V ÷ S
15. How is V related to T in the expression 'T ÷ R + V × S'?
Directions (Q.16-18): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
A, B, C, D, E, F and G are seven friends studying seven different branches of engineering, namely Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Computer and Aeronautical Engineering, not necessarily in this order. Each of them studies in three different colleges, X,Y and Z. Not less than two study in any college. D studies Electrical engineering in college X. The one who studies Chemical engineering does not study in college Z. F studies Aeronautical Engineering in college Y with only B. A does not study in college X and does not study Civil Engineering. E studies Computer Engineering and does not study in college X. G studies Electronics Engineering but not in college X. None in college X studies Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
16. Which of the following groups represents the persons studying in college Z?
1) D, B 2) C, E, G 3) A, G 4) G, E, A 5) None of these
Ans: G, E, A
17. In which of the following colleges does C study?
1) X 2) Y 3) Z 4) Either X or Z 5) Cannot be determined
18. Which of the following combinations is correct?
1) A-Civil-Z 2) B-Chemical-Y 3) C-Chemical-Z 4) G-Electronics-Y 5) None of these
Ans: None of these
16 - 18 Explanation: