THE ADJECTIVE HAS THREE DEGREES OF COMPARISON THEY ARE
1. POSITIVE DEGREE
2. COMPARATIVE DEGREE
3. SUPERLATIVE DEGREE
1. Positive Degree
It indicates that the adjective has certain quality. It is used when no comparison made.
e.g.: The apple is Sweet
Rama is a clever boy
2. Comparative Degree
It denotes a higher degree of the quality or quantity than the positive degree. It is used when two persons or things are compared.
e.g.: Calcutta is larger than madras
Bharath is taller than swetha
3. Superlative Degree
It denotes the highest degree of the quality. It is used when more than two things are compared.
e.g.: The mango is the sweetest of all fruits
The rose is the most beautiful flower of all flowers
1. No one else is so honest as our principal (change into C.D & S.D)
A. 1) Our principal is more honest than anybody else
2) Our principal is the most honest of all
2. She is the most successful teacher in our college (change into P.D & C.D)
A. 1) No other teacher in our school is as successful as she.
2) She is more successful than any other teacher in our college.
3. No other legendary hero was so valourous as Arjun (Change into S.D)
A. Arjun was the most valourous of all the legendary heroes
4. The Ambanis are not the richest of all the Indian Industrialists. (Change into P.D & C.D)
A. 1) The Ambanis are not richer than some other Indian Industrialist
2) Some other Indian Industrialists are atleast as rich as the Ambanis
5. Swetha is the most beautiful girl. (Change into C.D & P.D)
A. 1) No other girl is as beautiful as swetha.
2) Swetha is more beautiful than any other girl.
6. It is most precious gift (Change into P.D)
A. No other gift is as precious as that.
7. Phani is the best guitar player among all the students in the class (Change into P.D)
A. No other student in the class is not as good guitar player as Phani
8. No other pen writes as fast as Reynolds (Change into S.D)
A. Reynolds is the fastest pen.
9. Ram is better than any other chefs (Change into S.D)
A. Ram is the best chef