1. Maiden Trilateral Naval Exercise in Gulf of Oman Demonstrates India, France, and UAE's Commitment to Maritime Security
India, France, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) successfully concluded their first trilateral maritime exercise in the Gulf of Oman.
2. Underground fungi absorb up to a third of our fossil fuel emissions
The relationships between plants and the fungi that colonise their roots are responsible for locking away a huge amount of carbon underground.
3. Diabetes epidemic is increasing in many states in the country: ICMR-INDIAB Survey
A cross sectional population based survey from 31 states and union territories of the country has found the prevalence of major metabolic non-communicable diseases like diabetes.
4. Domestic GDP growth on firm footing, growth slightly revised upwards: SBI
Country's largest commercial lender State Bank of India (SBI) said that domestic GDP growth is now on firm footing with urban demand showing good traction.
5. Almost 4 lakh diarrhoeal disease deaths can be averted if Jal Jeevan Mission meets target: WHO
Almost 4 lakh diarrhoeal disease deaths can be averted if ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ meets its target of providing clean water to all rural households, according to a new study by the World Health Organisation.