A Reading: Environment
1. You are Aswini. You have received a telephonic message that your uncle is coming to see you this eveing. Your parents are not at home. You are to leave for your school at once. So you have to leave a message for your father informing him that your uncle will arrive at about 6 pm, from Delhi. He will stay only for a couple of hours as he must go to Bengaluru by the train which leaves at 8 : 30. (5 Marks)
03 - 10 - 2014 7 : 00 am
I have just received a telephone from uncle Rao. He is coming from Delhi this evening. He intends to spend only two hours with us. He will leave for Bengaluru by 8.30 train.
2. Imagine that you are Ganesh. You were going to a near by town in a bus yesterday evening. It was a hot day and the bus was full of public you did not get a seat and the bus reached late due to bad roads. Write a diary entry of your travel experience. (5 Marks)
31 - 07 - 2014
Today I had the bitterest experience of my life. I never had such an awful experience in my life before. I had gone to Nizambad for an urgent work. I don't know why, there were very few buses flying today. I waited for two hours at the bus stop to get into the bus. It was much crowded. I was really difficult to breathe. Everyone was sweating. Due to bad roads, the bus jerked many times and people were pushing each other. After journey of two hours, I came out of the bus and took a sign of relief. I'll never forget this journey in my life.
3. You are Abhinav, the sports secretary of Z.P.High School, Nalgonda, Your school is organising Annual sports Meet next week. Write a notice to be put up on the school notice board to this effect (5 Marks)
Z.P. High School Nalgonda
14 - 2 - 2015
ANNUAL SPORTS MEET
The Annual sports meet of the school is going to be held in the school playground on 21st and 22nd of this month students who wish to take part in any event should give their names to the undersigned by 16th of this month positively.
Practice.. Practice... Practice.....
I. The following passage contains some errors in the sentences that are numbered. Edit the passage and write the changes you have made in your answer sheet. 5 × 1 = 5
(1) When I was a child, who is almost more then fifty years ago, the environment was very pristine, very beautiful and very green (2) We are British colony and the British government at the time started to clear cut the indigenous forests in our forested mountains (3) because they wanted to established commercial plantations of exotic species of trees such as (4) the pines from a northern hemisphere and the Eucalyptus from Australia. These trees are very nice, they grow tall and they grow very fast (5) but has they grow they destroy all the local biological diversity.
II. In the passage given below some words are missing. Choose the correct word from the given options and write them in your answer sheet. 5 × 1 = 5
That is why ..... (1) 1975, at the very first united nations conference ..... (2) women in Mexico, many of the women were saying, "we need food, we need water, we need clean drinking water, we need fodder ..... (3) our animals". And I was wondering, what ..... (4) happened? These are things that were there twenty years ago when I was .... (5) child.
1. (a) in (b) at (c) under (d) on
2. (a) of (b) for (c) on (d) with
3. (a) of (b) on (c) for (d) with
4. (a) has (b) have (c) had (d) is
5. (a) an (b) a (c) the (d) only
I. 1. When I was a child, which is almost
2. We were a British colony
3. because they wanted to establish
4. the Pines from the northern
5. but as they grow
II. 1-a; 2-b; 3-c; 4-a; 5-b.