1. India, Egypt hold 12th round of Foreign Office Consultations
The 12 rounds of India-Egypt Foreign Office Consultations were held in Cairo of Egypt.
2. Indian origin Ajay Banga set to be next President of World Bank
Indian origin Ajay Banga was confirmed as the next President of the World Bank. The World Bank’s 25-member executive board last night elected former Mastercard CEO to a five-year term as president.
3. World Press Freedom Day 2023 is being celebrated
World Press Freedom Day is being celebrated. World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on May 3 every year to emphasize the importance of press freedom and its role in society.
4. India slips in World Press Freedom Index, ranks 161 out of 180 countries
Press freedom in India has gone from “problematic” to “very bad”, with the country slipping 11 ranks in the World Press Freedom Index.
5. Rail Vikas Nigam gets Navratna status
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a central public sector enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, has been granted Navratna Status, the Ministry of Railways said.