1. RBI withdraws Rs 2000 notes from circulation under Clean Note Policy; To remain legal tender
The Reserve Bank of India has decided to withdraw two thousand Rupees denomination banknotes from circulation under the “Clean Note Policy”. The 2,000 rupee notes, however, will continue to be legal tender.
2. G7 kicks off with strong condemnation of Russian invasion of Ukraine
The leaders of G7 advanced economies resolved to stand against Russia's "illegal, unjustifiable, and unprovoked" invasion of Ukraine and unveiled new sanctions on Moscow.
3. National Endangered Species Day 2023 is being observed
National Endangered Species Day 2023 is observed to highlight the importance of plants and animals working in harmony to sustain the ecosystem.
4. UK PM Rishi Sunak's wealth declines but still ranked 275th in country's rich list
The wealth of British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and his wife Akshata Murty has fallen over the last year, putting them in 275th place in the Sunday Times Rich List, after the value of their stake in Indian I.T. giant Infosys dropped.
5. India won the IHF Challenger Trophy
The Indian girls' team won the International Handball Federation (IHF) Challenger Trophy. A total of four countries including India competed in the competitions held in Dhaka from 13th to 18th of this month.