1. Commencement of sea trials of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier ‘Vikrant’
Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) ‘Vikrant’ designed by Indian Navy’s Directorate of Naval Design(DND) is being built at Cochin Shipyard Limited(CSL), a Public Sector Shipyard under Ministry of Shipping (MoS).
2. Indian and Russian Armies begin joint Exercise INDRA 2021
The Indo - Russia joint training Exercise INDRA 2021 commenced at Prudboy Ranges, Volgograd in Russia yesterday. It started an impressive opening ceremony that saw the unfurling of the National Flags of both countries.
3. hyderabad doctor receives patent from GOI
Senior interventional gastroenterologist from Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Dr Yalaka Rami Reddy has received a patent from Government of India for developing a unique surgical device ‘Composite Polypectomy Snare’, which promises to make colonoscopy process easier.
4. Birla steps down as non-executive chairman of Vodafone-Idea
Telecom major Vodafone Idea Limited on August 4 informed that Kumar Mangalam Birla will step down as non-executive director and non-executive chairman of the board.
5. Assam boxer Lovlina Borgohain's wins Bronze
Lovlina Borgohain secured India's first boxing medal at the Tokyo Olympic Games when she advanced to the semifinals on July 30 after defeating former world champion Nien-Chin Chen of Chinese Taipei. she wins bronze medal in olympics.